Sunday, January 19, 2014

Tried to Juice Lemon and Mint...

but I failed. 

I tried to juice lemon and mint yesterday using my Wimpex 4 in 1 Food Processor. What I did was wrong though. After telling my sister in law what I did, she laughed and said the said procedure was wrong. 

Here's what I did: sliced the lemon  into 4 pieces and added 2 sprigs of mint (freshly picked from my garden) and load them in the juicer. The juicing created a loud noise because of the lemon peel and seeds.

I realized that I have to extract the lemon juice manually before putting it in the juicer together with the mint leaves. 

Below are some tips that I got from a juicing guide online

  • Room temperature lemons yield more juice than refrigerated ones. (I have to keep this in mind)
  • Microwaving the lemon from 15-20 seconds before squeezing will help extract more juice... but don't overdo it.
  • Use your palm to roll lemon, lime, orange, or grapefruit on the countertop before squeezing. 
  • Here's a very nice tip: If you need just few drops of lemon, pierce the skin with a toothpick and squeeze out what you need. To store it, just reinsert the toothpick, put the lemon into a plastic bag and store it in the fridge. 

More about my juicing adventure in the succeeding posts....

No comments:

Post a Comment